|Records Management | Forms & Schedules | FAQ | Packing boxes for transfer
Records Storage Box Packing Instructions
- Only Standard Records Storage Boxes will be accepted (12H x 12W x 15D). Check with The Archives to see if free records storage boxes or book boxes are available.
- Pack boxes with records only.
- Place folders in the upright position within the box. Do not place folders on top of folders within the box.
- Boxes must be labeled with the Department Name, Records Series Title, and Span Date.
- Do not write on the lid.
- Label the short side of the box.
- Use a Black Felt Tip Marker to label the box.
- Please do not overfill boxes. --Rule of thumb: If you can't easily lift and move the box repeatedly, then we can't either.