470 Center Street, Building #8 Chardon, Ohio 44024
The Auto Title Office handles processing of U.S. Passports.
This web page will answer the most common questions regarding passport applications and will provide information regarding the passport application service offered by the Geauga County Clerk of Courts.
(440) 285-2222, 564-7131, 834-1856, Extension 1750
Direct Line: (440) 279-1750 Fax: (440) 286-1429
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Denise M. Kaminski, Geauga County Clerk of Courts
ITEMS REQUIRED FOR PROCESSING A PASSPORT APPLICATION:
- Passport Application. **PLEASE DO NOT SIGN APPLICATION**
- Certified copy of birth certificate or original naturalization.
- Drivers license or current photo I.D. with signature. (All minors 15 and under must appear in person with both parents or legal guardians each with I.D. to execute the passport application. If only one parent can appear with a minor 15 and under, they may use a minor consent form and supply a copy of the front & back of the other parent’s driver’s license.) Only 1 parent needs to appear with a minor 16 & 17 years of age.
- Two passport photos.
- Passport fee (payable in check only) to U.S. Dept. of State. Age 16 and over $110.00. Age 15 and under $80.00. An additional processing fee of $25.00 is payable to Clerk of Courts by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or Debit Card.
- If expediting: Age 16 and over $184.85, Age 15 and under $154.85 (Payable by check to US DEPARTMENT OF STATE). An additional processing fee of $25.00 is payable to the Clerk of Courts by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Debit Card.
- PASSPORT CARD: Adult $30.00, Child $15.00. A processing fee of $25.00 per person payable to Clerk of Courts by check, money order or cash, credit card, or debit card. (4% additional fee for credit card)
- PASSPORT CARD Expediting Processing: Adult $90.00, Child $75.00. A processing fee of $25.00 per person payable to Clerk of Courts by check, money order or cash, credit card, or debit card. (4% additional fee for credit card)
- All applicants of all ages must be present to apply for a U.S. passport.
- If age 16 or 17, applicant must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian with valid picture I.D. If age 15 or under, applicant must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardians with valid picture I.D. or have permission in writing from one absent parent or guardian. If you wish to express comments or concerns about Two-Parent Consent Program please send to: Passport Services, Office of Passport Policy and Legal Advisory Services, 2401 E. Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20522-0907, or fax: (202) 663-2654.
***Please fill out all of the information on the application above the signature line. A renewal application may be used ONLY on an adult passport that has been expired less than FIVE years from the expiration date. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our office and we will be happy to explain any of these procedures to you.***
CLICK HERE for the Information Guide for Obtaining a U.S. Passport This web page will answer the most comon questions regarding the passport application services offered by the Geauga County Clerk of Courts.