Voter Registration

Voter Registration Form

Registration Deadline

The registration deadline is 30 days before any election.

Once you are registered to vote, however, you do not need to re-register for each election. If you move from one area of the county to another, you will need to either fill in a new registration form for your new address or just send us a note with your old address, new address and signature. You will receive a new voter card in the mail showing your new precinct and polling location. If you move out of Geauga County, you will have to register in your new county or state.

Deadline to register for the May 2, 2017 Special Election – April 3, 2017, Geauga County Board of Elections, 470 Center Street, Bldg. 6-A, Chardon Hours: 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.

Requirements for Being a Registered Voter
  • Must be a United States citizen - either native born or naturalized.
  • Must be at least 18 years of age - 17-year-olds may register as long as they will be 18 on or before the General Election. If they will be 18 on or before the General Election, 17-year-olds may register and vote in a Primary Election (on candidates only - not issues).
  • Must be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days.
Registration Locations
  • Office of the Board of Elections
  • Any library branch
  • Bureau of Motor Vehicles
  • High schools and vocational schools
  • By mail (to be eligible to vote, registration forms must be postmarked no later than 30 days before the election)
What if I move and do not change my address. Can I vote?

Yes. If you are registered to vote in Geauga County but move to another address in Geauga County, you can either go to the Board of Elections office prior to election day or your new polling location on Election day. Call the Board of Elections for your new polling location. If you move and your new address is in the same precinct, go to your usual polling location, vote and fill out a change of address form. All voter registration forms will be processed and voter records will be updated.

What if I just moved into Geauga County from another county in Ohio?

If you did not register by the 30-day deadline and you are registered in another county in Ohio, you may come to the Board of Elections office or your new polling location and complete a new registration form and vote a provisional ballot.

What do you mean by "provisional" ballot?

If you vote a provisional ballot, your ballot will be counted during the official count which is held 10 days after the election. During that 10 day period we will confirm your registration information.

What if I have just moved into Geauga County from another state?

If you moved into Geauga County and did not meet the 30-day deadline, you will not be able to vote in the current election. You may complete a voter registration form at any of the locations listed above, your registration will be processed and you will be qualified to vote in future elections.

How does a voter change his/her political affiliation?

Political affiliation is determined by the party ballot a voter requests in a Primary Election. In Geauga County, Primary Elections are only held in even numbered years (unless there are two candidates from one party for Municipal Court Judge).

Voter Lookup

Click the link above to look-up voter information.

Best viewed with IE9 or better